Thursday 13 February 2014

Valentines Day Pancakes #1

Okay, so clearly I'm just in the valentines spirit. I actually made these pancakes for my mothers 50th birthday on Monday (wow) but i left my camera cable at home so i couldn't upload them. I am home now (clearly) so i present to you, these valentine/birthday pancakes.

Since i made these for my mom, i didn't make my usual healthy or vegan pancakes because well... they weren't for me, and my mother does not care if i use a buttermilk pancake package. But i thought since they were so pretty that I'd post them for you all to see.

The recipe isn't that hard - it's just a straight forward buttermilk pancake mix recipe. Oh, but one other thing: they're heart shaped.
But if you want to know, here's how i made them:

1. One cup of buttermilk pancake mix
2. 1 egg
3. 1 cup of milk
4. Mix it all together
5. Grease your skillet with coconut oil
6. Cook them as you would regular pancakes

Unless however, you as well have a mini heart shaped skillet. In that case, cook them in there. (I'm honestly not even sure where to get one, my mom got it last year. It's very little and it's literally just a mini skillet in a heart shape) 
For the toppings, i mixed honey Greek yogurt with 1 drop of red food colouring to create a cute light pink colour. Then i cut strawberries into (attempted) little heart shapes, and also added raspberries on top along with maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment